"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

Sunday, October 17, 2010

... and you're beautiful!

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  Psalm 139:14

Have you ever wondered what it means to be blessed?

I know I have. If you look up the definition of blessed it means: happy, fortunate, to be envied. Whoa! That’s an awesome place to be! What’s more awesome is the reality of my mind and my heart feeling like I am in that place.

The alarm clock rang this morning. I rolled over in the bed thinking about how much I really didn’t want to get up. I hit snooze a few more minutes and finally scrape myself out of bed. My sweet husband follows and stops to say good morning.

My hair was probably in a haphazard fro – oh, the joys of naturally curly hair mixed with all the styling products it takes to look presentable in one day. I’m sure I probably had drool stains on my cheek. My eyes were only partly open. I was grumpy and my voice gruff. The conversation went like this:

Hubby: Good Morning. (He wears a partial smile on his face.)
Me: Good morning. (My tone? Think Eeyore! Oh, and remember - gruffy voice out of grumpy girl)
Hubby: Are you ok? What’s wrong?
Me: I just woke up. (One eye closed, one eye partly open. Oh, and don’t forget – grumpy girl, gruff voice)
Hubby: … and you’re BEAUTIFUL! (His smile is even bigger.)

I think I managed to crack a slight smile. After he acknowledged my attempt at a smile, he continued out of the room to start the day. I sat and pondered --- “really? I am beautiful?”

I love that man. I am blessed to have in my life to remind me that I am beautiful.

As I started praying thanksgiving prayers for the man I call husband for something as simple as telling me I’m beautiful, I was struck with this reality: I am beautiful. I AM beautiful! I AM BEAUTIFUL! I am fearfully and wonderfully made. My heavenly father called me beautiful the moment he created me – then he broke the mold to prove to me how beautiful I really am.

I am one of a kind.

You are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment