"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pet Peeve

I have a pet peeve.

I know that surprises you, right?

Halloween décor and goods go up in mass market retailers sometime in August. Directly following October 31, Christmas décor replaces the aisles where goblins and ghouls and pumpkins once sat.

That makes my heart sad.

We completely skip Thanksgiving. It’s like a step child … one that is pushed to an end aisle display, unable to take center stage. Now, I know Thanksgiving isn’t as “big” of a holiday as Halloween or Christmas, but should it be?

So, that’s my pet peeve. I challenge you to not forget about Thanksgiving!

Be Thankful! It does a heart good!

I am thankful for: (wonder how many things I can document before Thanksgiving???)

1. God
2. Grace
3. Mercy
4. Love
5. My beloved
6. My sweet mom – Joyce
7-8. Jeremy’s sweet parents – James and Betty
9-18. Our brothers/sisters and their husband/wife: Carol & DW, Emily, Beth, John & Jennette, Mary & Haley, Karen & Jim
19-23. Jeremy’s nieces: Lexie, Lindsay, Mary-Hamel, Mackenzie, Jamie
24. Bible
25. Our precious pup – Leland


No comments:

Post a Comment