"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

Monday, November 1, 2010

Character Meets

Did you know - positioned throughout the parks Disney has designated areas, events, and restaurants where you can meet characters??? This was my 3rd trip to the world. My first trip I didn't know this little tid-bit of information. I remember seeing a few characters at the front gate or entrance to the parks, but other than that I had no clue you could meet characters, unless of course you "happen" to run into them. My second trip, in 2006, I actually "ran into" a few characters, as described in the last sentence. I remember seeing Chip, Dale and Pluto at the entrance to Animal Kingdom one morning, we met Goofy on Mainstreet in Magic Kingdom, and I got to meet Piglet right underneath the hat at MGM (currently known as Hollywood Studios. I can’t find the picture of Piglet, but here are the others. That my sister with me and Goofy and my BGF with me and Pluto.


Back in 2008 when I was fortunate to venture to Disneyland, I made reservations at Goofy’s Kitchen (I think that’s what it’s called). It is a buffet meal where characters come around and greet you while you eat. Sadly, I also can’t find these pictures, but I’ll go on a hunt for them now and maybe I’ll find them.

So this trip, I was armed with this knowledge. I always had one eye open and searching. I didn’t want “meeting characters” to be a huge part of the trip, but I certainly wanted to take advantage of any opportunity possible. And, we also made a breakfast reservation for 1900 Park Fare so I could meet Mary Poppins!! (Little did I know I would also meet her with Mr. Penguin later in the trip.)

So, without further ado, here is the picture tour of all the characters we met while on our honeymoon … hope you enjoy!

At 1900 Park Fare we met Alice, the Mad Hatter, Pooh, Tigger, and Mary Poppins:





Did you notice how the pictures got blurry? Jeremy's are pretty clear, but the ones of me ... My dear hubby ... he's got mad photography skills. I started noticing the blurry, and told him he needed to figure out what the problem was before Mary Poppins got to our table! As it turns out what fixed it was for him to plant his elbows on the table while taking the picture. Thank you, dear hubby, for that good picture of me and Mary! :)

We met these 2 characters at the entrance to Epcot:

   
    
  
We happen to stumble upon this Princess near Germany in the World Showcase: 



On our last day in the parks we scored pics with all these characters in Hollywood Studios. I was there for the animation class that is taught. Jeremy was going to sit through it with me one more time – I had already done it twice. While we were waiting in the queue for the class, in walked Mr Incredible and Mr Freeze. Jeremy got excited and wanted to go meet them. There wasn’t a line, so off we went … By the way, they made us pose like that! lol!

Hehe. That one's funny ... we soon realized that characters were coming and going all around us. We finally asked a cast member and they told us that the characters rotate roughly every 30 minutes – so we had fun meeting characters for a little over an hour!





















  
And, the best part was that Mickey rotated in while we were standing around, so we finally got to meet the mouse! I was worried we were going to miss him this trip! ;)  Here he is ... the one, the only, Mickey Mouse!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment