"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

my beloved

I am my beloveds. My beloved is mine. Song of Solomon 6:3


Lost in this moment with you
I am completely consumed
My feelings so absolute there’s no doubt
Sealing our love with a kiss
Waited my whole life for this
Watching all my dreams come true
Lost in this moment with you

I have been reflecting today over what happened a month ago … today marks mine and Jeremy’s one month anniversary. We made it. 3 cheers! Now, a LIFETIME to go! That’s so exciting. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us.

Over the past month, these are some things I have been thankful for:  
·         Taking chances. Why? I took a chance and it paid high dividends. My hubby is the result.
·         Our families. Why? We are blessed. That’s all I need to say.
·         Disney. Why? We had the best time on our honeymoon.
·         Our jobs. Why? Because we were able to pay for Disney.
·         Airplanes. Why? I just couldn’t imagine having to drive home from Orlando.
·         Chocolate. Why? Always. Thankful. For. Chocolate.
·         My mama teaching me to cook. Why? My man likes to eat.
·         Macaroni and hotdogs. Why? While they might not be the healthiest thing for you, I know I can always cook macaroni and hotdogs, and Jeremy will have a smile on his face and in his belly.
·         A closet full of clothes and multiple uniforms. Why? Laundry?! Ugh!  
·         Blanket(s). Why? Jeremy likes it cold. He also hogs the cover.
·         A King Bed. Why? There’s enough room for us and Leland.
·         Snack-size ziplock bags. Why? One serving of cheese nips look like a lot in that little bag.
·         Friends. Why? Facebook messages, texts, and phone calls brighten my day. Pictures make me smile. Home-cooked meatballs make me smile. Support and prayers warm my heart.
And, of course, I am thankful for my beloved. Why? Because he kills spiders for me. Because he takes out the trash. Because he puts a smile on my face. Because he always hugs me when he or I arrive home. Because he lets me run inside when it’s raining and he carries in the groceries. Because he tells me I’m beautiful. Because he wants what is best for us. Because he has Christ in his heart. Because he is the man over my household. Because he prays. Because he loves me.

Yes … I am my beloveds and my beloved is mine. I kinda like it that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment